So, you want to start a free blog? Are you wondering how to get started? This step-by-step guide will explain the necessary steps to create a free blog, without any technical expertise or coding.
I started my first blog in 2010 without any blogging experience and it took me forever to get started. The blogging landscape has continued to evolve over the last 6 years and this guide contains all that I have learned over these years.
This guide is especially useful if you would like step by step instructions in an easy to understand language without any technical jargon.
Well, let’s get started.
Why Start a Blog?
There are different reasons why you may wish to start a blog. Today, blogging is a popular way to:
Make money full time or on the side. Blogging to make money takes time and commitment but it is very low risk. I myself make money on the side by blogging in my free time. There are many others who make real money from blogs.
Increase exposure for your business. If you have any existing business then blogging is a great way to get more exposure for your business by reaching out to a large number of potential customers for a very low cost.
Get published. Smartest way to get published today is to start a blog and build readership as it is a lot easier to sell books to your loyal readership base. Even traditional publishers, these days, won’t work with authors who don’t have an online presence.
Communicate and make your voice heard. Today, blogging is one of the easiest ways of communicating and spreading information. Blogging also helps you think clearer, improves your writing and in all helps you become a better person
If any of these reasons resonate with you then you would benefit from creating a blog. Use our simple step-by-guide and you will have your blog up and running in a short time.
If you require any more reasons, then please see Why Blog? 10 Popular Reasons to Start a Blog
The 6 Step Guide to Start a Free Blog
It can take you up to 30 minutes from start to finish. Yes, you read it right. A blog can be started in less than 30 minutes! Get yourself a coffee or juice and let’s get started. In this step-by-step guide, we will cover:
- Introducing: How to Start a Free Blog in 6 Easy Steps <<You are Here>>
- How to Select a Blogging Platform
- How to Choose a Web Host
- How to Sign up with Bluehost
- How to Install WordPress
- How to Use WordPress
You are now ready to start with step 1 which is How to Select a Blogging Platform
Once you have successfully started your blog, you need to:
- Add your new blog to Social Bookmarking Sites to obtain some backlinks
- Submit your newly created blog andd social backlinks to Search Engine Submission Sites
- Ping your new blog and social bookmarking URLs using Free Ping Submission Sites List to get them indexed
- Submit your new blog to High DA Directory Submission Sites to get a few more top quality backlinks
- Write some new articles and submit them to Article Submission Sites to get even more backlinks to your new blog
- Convert your blog posts and article to videos and add them to Video Submission Sites