This is one question which I get asked pretty often – How to choose a good and cheap domain name? Choosing a domain name is very much like naming your company or pets, it requires clarity and consideration. Follow these 10 tips to help you choose a good domain name:
- The year 2016 is all about keeping domain names as short as possible (6 to 14 characters)
- The name should be easy to remember and share (think of Google, Yahoo)
- Make it easy to type and avoid using any slangs (use express instead of xpress; unless xpress is your brand)
- Avoid using numbers and hyphens (-) in your domain name (Facebook or Face-Book?)
- Select .com extension wherever possible. Next bests are net and .org
- Use your top most keyword in your domain name
- Use your own name for your blog!
- Act fast to register your domain. You can use the Domain Name Checker below to search and register your domain.
Now that we have covered the tips for choosing a good domain name, comes the question of how to get it cheap. Thanks to this special offer from Bluehost, if you decide to buy a hosting plan through this link, you will get domain name totally free! Nothing’s cheaper than free 🙂
I hope I have been able to answer the popular question on how to choose a good and cheap domain name.
Once you have registered your domain name, you may wish to follow our Step-by-Step Guide for setting up your blog.